Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

You Know You Are Deep Into Revisions When...

1) You spill candle wax--somehow, someway--all over your carpet, clothes, new stuff, wall.

2) Birds try to build a nest in that ball of frizz on top of your head that you call hair.

3) Your dog runs away. Okay. So this could happen anytime but revision time, naturally, is when it does.

4) You lock yourself out of the house...as snow falls heavily outside. And you're wearing a light fleece jacket. No hat. No gloves. Your cell phone is inside the new purse your mother-in-law got you for Christmas. You can see it through the window, shining, perfect, on the kitchen counter. Your cat stares back at you through the glass. You can swear, SWEAR, the cat is chuckling to herself as she licks her paws, pleased she is inside. Warm and fat and happy. And you--and the two dogs--are stuck outside in the freezing cold, stranded. Oh. And it's lunchtime. So the likelihood your neighbors are going to be home to let you use their phone right now? Slim to none.

The good news is...

Revisions are going well. They are moving along and I am excited to keep going. I wrote some of my favorite new scenes yesterday. And I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Almost there! Almost there! Yeah!

FYI - All of the above are true. I don't know why these things happen to me. I am a walking disaster. Except the birds trying to nest in my hair. But I don't doubt that they have THOUGHT about using my hair as a nest.

Happy Friday!

5 comments:

  1. I feel so bad for you! Even as I am secretly glad that I am not the only one these things happen too.lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe no! Bummer! Well, I hope things look up! But it sounds like it's a usual thing lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, hope you didn't have to wait too long to get back inside (or break a window). Congrats on the revision progress though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dog sits at my feet or beside me while I'm writing/revising. I'd definitely notice if she was missing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Getting stuck outside in the snow sucks. I can't even imagine living where it snows!

    I'm glad revisions are going well, though!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete