Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Excerpt Tuesday!

So I totally just made up this feature. Excerpt Tuesday! Why not, eh?

Here's a little snippet from the YA Contemporary I've been tinkering with:

She never pictured her first kiss, too afraid to jinx it, but she knew, as his soft lips melted with hers, that this moment was exactly how she wanted it to be with exactly who she wanted it to be with. Strange how she ended up here, without analyzing or even wishing for it. The moment manifested itself without a single push from her.

His lips changed her.


Sometimes I feel comma crazy. And adjective crazy. I'm trying to simplify things and not get so carried away in my writing. Feel free to edit that! Ha! I'm making changes in the third act right now that I forget to do earlier. Yeah, the third act doesn't fit with the rest so I must fix before other eyes will see...And I'm still tinkering with The Moon Dog. And flash pieces. I'm in one of my ruts again where I can't seem to finish anything, including a book. I am determined to somehow finish the pile of books I have started before beginning another.

But then I get an e-mail informing me that The Last Good Place of Lily Odilon that I pre-ordered just shipped! Aw! Excited for that one. Looks awesome. Will likely move that to the front of the pile. I'm such a mess.

Happy Excerpt Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. This is great! I love this look too, I feel like I am really peering through a rainy window pane...its freaking me out a little.lol

    I love the excerpt! When will I get a chance to read this???? Don't feel bad we are all a mess and you know what my fav punctuation mark is...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was a little difficult to read with the other format. It was between this one and a bright, pink template. What does that say about me that I chose this depressing one that is sort of freaky? Ha!

    I'll send the YA Contemp your way, of course, when I tack on an ending and make sure it sticks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh this is really good...I love it when I can feel a scene, and I definitely felt this one! More, please!!

    ReplyDelete