Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Reading and Editing

I'm deep into edits.

But I can't read other books right now.

Is that normal?

I literally have about 5 started books stacked up. And I can't get into any of them. It's not like they're bad. I like them. But I can't...my mind won't...it's strange. I get like this during edits. I don't like it. I don't think it's healthy. I wish I could mult-task. And pull myself away from the edits. Not to mention I need to do some critiquing which I want to give my full attention to!

Dear Brain - You can do better than this!

At the same time -- I'm afraid to lose my momentum.

I have a vacation coming up at the end of August. I plan to be done with edits by then and just READ. I love reading other people's stuff! It's so much better than mine! But right now, I can't seem to focus on anything but Mel's story.

I hate that. But I can't help it!

Any advice?

HAPPY WEDNESDAY!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I wish I could help, but I always have similar problems. I have to read in spells, you know, a month where I read very little, a month where I do nothing but... it's crazy. But probably the best thing to do is to give the story what it needs. Reading can wait, if it must. :)

    ReplyDelete