Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

PUBLISHED!

Ha! Fooled ya, didn't I?

But I am getting published. Did I tell ya that?

Not my book, no, but a flash fiction piece I wrote will appear in PANK Magazine's September Online Issue (or somewhere around there.) Check out PANK. I love, love, love all of the pieces on there. They are massively, wonderfully, hyptonically original. Some just break my heart. I am seriously honored that I was even accepted.

I'm excited! I submitted stuff to PANK several times before I was accepted. They were very encouraging and so I kept trying. A little encouragement goes a long, long way.

I'm also finishing up my WIP, which is going to be a lot shorter than the original draft. But a lot of it just isn't necessary anymore, as I made major changes. That's okay though. I like to think of it as short and sweet. =) I'm guessing it's going to clock in around 6oK.

And I can't wait to be done with this draft. Really. Because then I will set it aside and continue onto my new WIP, which I am actually excited about! I sort of hammered out 10,000 words over a few days because I couldn't stop writing it. I don't know if that's a good sign or not. I didn't write in order either, I skipped around, so the 10,000 words aren't only the beginning. They are scattered, beginning, middle, end, which helps me have an idea where I'm going with the story.

It's YA Contemporary. And I'm writing in third person, instead of first, which I enjoy as well. I like changing it up a bit. I had about 3 different ideas bouncing around and then, suddenly, this one punched me in the jaw. So, I had to listen, in fear of my life...Nope. I'm not crazy. Just in denial. =) And there are no paranormal creatures! What the heck?

I've got tons of beta reading to do as well! But I like doing that, in fact, I prefer reading others pages rather than work on my current WIP. =)

Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats!!!! That is so AWESOME!!! I am so happy for you but I am totally not surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both! I'm pretty excited about it. And I was very surprised! It took several tries! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! That's awesome. I'll have to check PANK out.

    ReplyDelete