Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

National Novel Writing Month

So I don't think I'll be doing National Novel Writing Month this year. I feel kind of sad about it. I've done it for the last few years. I really like the manuscript I wrote last year for it, although it sits untouched right now because it needs a lot of fixing and I don't want to do that right now. Go me. I am now 25,000 words into my new romantical WIP. It's slow-moving, folks. The words drip out like honey, but do not always taste so sweet. I wrote large chunks out of order, and am now in the process of filling in the blanks, threading scenes together. I edit slightly as I go along. I'm enjoying it. I think I finally found a process that works for me. I figure if I didn't have a day job, the process would go faster but alas I have a day job. I do hope to have a solid first draft by December. I figure I'll let it sit over the holidays. Edit in January...Perhaps! Perhaps! I shall query in February. In fact, maybe I shall send out a small batch of queries on Valentine's Day...which would be kind of perfect for the story. Oh, I love that idea!

What's your writing process? Are you writing a novel this November?

5 comments:

  1. I'm going to try to do NaNoWriMo, but after an emergency outline on my fantasy WIP (which was going to be 80,000) I figured I'll end up being closer to 110,000. So unless I can write 50,000 words BY november, I might not participate. :( I'm glad you found a process that works for you though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm planning on doing NaNoWriMo. I have a feeling this will be the year I can't pull it off but I'm going to give it a shot anyway.

    Good luck with the WIP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to do NaNo, but now I am not. I'm still editing The Silagree. And I'm losing my mind. Weeeeeeeee.

    Happy drafting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey you! I've never done NaNoWriMo. Not enough time and its just not my thing but I'm glad to hear your new wip is going well! I'm going over my first draft and hopefully will be done by the first of the year at the latest!

    And thats with putting it aside for a while too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read it. With words like honey I bet they eventually go down smooth. YOu just need to sort them out.

    ReplyDelete