Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

The FRENZY!

I'm doing it. I'm participating in Script Frenzy, a challenge to hammer out a 100-page script in a month. Um...I think I could probably do this in about half that time. Not a GOOD screenplay but, you know, words on the page. I've written a few screenplays before I tried noveling (I enjoy making up words. BAM! It's a word now. Noveling. Use it in a sentence today).

I've participated in NaNo month for the last few years. I succeeded twice and failed once, last year when I decided to take my time. This screenplay thing SOUNDS like a piece of cake compared to 50,000 words. I've got a story. I've got my main character. I'm ready to just let myself go and write a movie! Action! Be prepared for a future whiny post about hitting that wall in the second act.

Over the next few weeks I'll also continue working on revising my WIP which is a YA paranormal comedy. I'm going chapter by chapter. Step by step. No rush at all. I've got a million ideas for other stories. I'm writing some flash fiction. Yeah. I'm kind of all over the freaking place these days.

Same with my reading! I'm reading, count 'em, FIVE books right now. I think I need to chill out.

Blame the FRENZY!

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Script Frenzy, but I wish NaNoWriMo happened more than once a year. November is always a bad month.

    ReplyDelete